Sunday, May 4, 2008

Journal#20

Have you ever visited to Viet Nam? I think this country has many strange behaviors in communication and the slang language, is easy make the people misunderstand in my culture.
Actually, once time I was in the restaurant in my country to enjoy the seafood with my friends, when I got into the restaurant and waited for the hostesses to show the table, but it was startling preciously, because it almost never happened to me, I took a long time to wait and no one came, I asked the manager there how could I take the table and he said with the voice uncomfortable " Wait there, and do it yourself ". This sentence is not a polite of the manager with the guest, if you understand following the Vietnamese's slang, it is very bad. Moreover, one more strange thing which you will witness in the restaurant being never pay tips after finish meal and those things are completely difference in American cultural, it is also a weakness of Vietnamese culture. In the traffic too, it's seems a best crazy in the Viet Nam about the rules and some unreasonable punishments of the police for the citizen. Consequently, most of the Vietnamese violate the rule a lot without penalty rules. I upset with those a lot but I think that I can be changed in a near future

No comments: